Here is a short instruction on how to reboot an Exchange DAG member Server:
- Check that all DB’s are healthy and check which servers is currently the active server. Run the following command from Exchange Management Shell:
- Perform “server Switchover” to change the active databases away from the server you want to reboot to a DAG member that is not being rebooted:
Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase –Server [ExchangeServerYouAreRebooting]
Example: Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase –Server SVR-EX02
- After each swichtover make sure the DB’s are healthy and verify which server is the active server:
- Reboot the Exchange server that no longer has active databases on it.
- Perform server Switchover to change back the active database to the start situation:
Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase Databasename -ActivateOnServer ExchangeServer
(for example: Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase "Mailbox Database US" -ActivateOnServer SVR-EX02)
- Check if the DB’s are healthy and verify if the databases are on the right servers.